The holidays can often be a stressful time of year. We deal with everything from what presents to but to when to start planning travel arrangements. It’s so easy to get caught up in the rush that you miss out on the joy of the holiday! It took awhile for us to come to the conclusion that although we were brought up in our family’s traditions it is ok to start some of your own! Here’s a few of our own and some that we thought were fun.
- New Pajamas-Every year since we moved to Texas I have bought us all matching ( or as close as I can get lol) pajamas to wear to our Christmas breakfast at IHOP. We’ve kept this going for the last 4 years! We even take a picture in front of their Christmas tree and collage it with the years prior. Just a reminder of how much can change in a year.
- Light Displays– From paid drive-thru attractions to local neighborhoods its always so much fun to see the creativity from different families! So pour you up a cup of hot cocoa, load up the kiddos, crank up to Christmas music and hit the road!
- New Ornaments– Last year when things began to open back up we took our sons to the large Christmas depot in Pantego. Our youngest was obviously too small to pick one out but our son still looks forward to seeing the different displays and choosing his very own ornament for the tree.
- Angel Tree– There was a year when our oldest honestly did not want anything for Christmas but wanted to get other kids toys/gifts so that’s exactly what we did. Typically you can find the Angel Trees at your local department/grocery stores.
- Gingerbread Contest– For the ones that are a bit more competitive, purchase everyone a gingerbread house and have a FRIENDLY competition for the most creative work of art!
We are sure there are plenty more but would love to hear about your family traditions. Leave a message in the comments box below and let us know!